Posted by : yankeesrj12 Monday, May 13, 2013

Back in August, I made predictions on which returning comedies and dramas would return for next season.  This post will look at my guesses and how I did .

Here are the prediction pages: comedy and drama.

On the comedy side of things, I predicted the fates of eight of the possible 20 returning comedies that did not have their fates decided as of the original post time.

I predicted the following comedies would be renewed:
Modern Family (ABC)
New Girl (FOX)
Parks and Recreation (NBC)
Raising Hope (FOX)

I predicted the following comedies would be cancelled:
Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 (ABC)
Rules of Engagement (CBS)
Two and a Half Men (CBS)
Whitney (NBC)

Percentage correct: 88% or 7/8

My reasons for believing Two and a Half Men would be cancelled:
1. How long its been on the air
2. The declining ratings
3. How I Met Your Mother receiving another season (it did, for next season)


On the drama side, I made predictions for ten of a possible 30 returning dramas.

I predicted the following dramas would be renewed:
Glee (FOX)
Nikita (CW)
Parenthood (NBC)
Scandal (ABC)
Vampire Diaries, The (CW)

I predicted the following dramas would be cancelled:
Body of Proof (ABC)
Bones (FOX)
CSI: NY (CBS)
Good Wife, The (CBS) (I had it at a 49% chance of returning)
Law and Order: SVU (NBC)

Percentage correct: 70% or 7/10

My reasons for believing Bones would be cancelled:
1. The Mob Doctor and The Following would both become hits (yeah, I'm laughing too)
2. Ratings would continue to decline
3. The show has been on for eight seasons

My reasons for believing The Good Wife would be cancelled:
1. Ratings would decline
2. Major awards seemed to disappear
3. General cost of the series

My reasons for believing Law and Order: SVU would be cancelled:
1. Salary of Mariska Hargitay
2. Increased timeslot competition
3. NBC product would be stronger (well, it wasn't)


The feature will return in August, where I will be predicting the fates of more than double the number this season!  I hope you all rejoin me and make some wild guesses yourself.  It should be entertaining to look back a year from now.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

We've Moved!

My Twitter Feed

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Tonight on TV - Metrominimalist - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -